Thursday, August 14, 2008

Interesting Article in USA Today

If you click the title of this post it will take you to the article. I am always amazed by the readers' comments. People are so judgemental, especially when it comes to adoption! Would you ever think of telling a person when they should get pregnant or who they should have a child with? NO! Yet, strangers feel it is acceptable to tell PAPs where they should adopt from and openly share their opinions about all aspects of their journey to parenthood.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I didn't look through all the comments on the article, but I did read the article. It's devastating what these changes are doing to the children who are stuck in the middle.

As for the idiots who leave negative comments about people who choose to grow their families by adoption, NOTHING surprises me anymore. I can't tell you the number of friends I've lost (or more like I chose to curtail my relationship with) because of their negative comments or actions. Yes, at times I DO lash out and ask inappropriate questions about how THEY chose to grow their families. :-) I'm bitter, I'm fine with that.

I've learned not to let the stupid people get to me. I feel sorry for them because their lives are so closed.